[netcdfgroup] Help with unlimited dimension.

Hi,
   I have my problem as below. In a file I want to write two variables, both
of them have a unlimited dimension since I don't in advance how long will
the records be. But the two variables are somehow correlated, such that one
variable indicates how many records of the the other variable in a single
time span. To be specific,

say for variable 1, at certain time step, var1 holds array, {1, 2, 3},  it
indicates: the variable2 should write for case 1 2 3. for another time step,
var1 ={0, 1, 2}, then variable 2 should write for case 1 2.

then  dimension information for var1 is
var1(3, unlimited)
for variable 2 is
var2(len, unlimited)
 but the unlimited dimension of var1 and var2 are not equal. I tried, but
the ncfile rejected the two unlimited dimension, if there's anyway to
overcome this? I appreciate any suggestions.

Regards.
Jinyun