Re: [netcdfgroup] CSV or ASCII to netCDF

Harris, Ryan (Capt.) wrote:

Sir/Ma’am,

I did a search on the Unidata site and found info about extracting netCDF data into CSV-formatted data, but I couldn’t find anything about creating netCDF data from CSV or ASCII data. I essentially have a bunch of NLDN and other .dat lightning data and wanted to take certain columns of that data (e.g. lat, lon, time of occurrence) and create a netCDF file using preferably MATLAB (or IDL). Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ryan

/*/RYAN J. HARRIS, Capt, USAF/*/

/*/Meteorology Student/*/