Re: [netcdfgroup] Problem compiling netcdf4

Hello,
I've built the netcdf-4.1-beta2 library, and am investigating its use both by looking at ncdump and linking it with Ferret, to open local netCDF datasets and remote URL's. We have previously used the OPeNDAP library for this, but are now eager to switch over to netcdf-4.

I'm finding that for remote URL's, I can read data with a call to "nc_get_vara_float", but if I try "nc_get_varm_float" which allows for strides and specifying alternative mapping of the data structure, I'm getting an error code of -36, which translates as "Invalid Argument". For now I'm not trying to do any strides or permutations; just setting the stride indices to 1 and the imap indices as we always have, pointing to the location of each dimension of the data as it is stored.

For reading data from local netCDF files, calls to nc_get_varm_float work fine.

Any ideas?

Ansley