Re: [netcdfgroup] Wondering about when NetCDF data hits the disk...

Am Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:50:35 +0100
schrieb Thomas Orgis <Thomas.Orgis@xxxxxx>:

> Well, actually my case is a bit simpler as the generic one: I am only
> after _appended_ data, added to the existing NetCDF file.

What I meant with this: There is no cache on the client that could get in the
way because those parts of the file haven't been read. But I see that I still
read parts of the header that need to change (added to the time dimension), so
client-side caching of the filesystem _could_ be an issue. But countering that
is the fact that I get the updated data just fine after issuing the sync() on
the machine where the writes happen.

Alrighty then,

Thomas.

--