Re: [netcdfgroup] Wondering about when NetCDF data hits the disk...

Am Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:49:54 +0100
schrieb Thomas Orgis <Thomas.Orgis@xxxxxx>:

> Main point of this discussion is the nc_fsync(), or any better named
> function, to time actual data write action, and I would be happy if
> it could make its way into a future NetCDF release.

After reflecting with Rob, I think an extra flag to nc_open to modify the
nc_sync() behaviour to include fsync() would be better than introducing another
function for this. I am not totally sure now if nc_sync() should call fsync()
only when it actually had dirty data to write or always... Not sure how it is
organized inside NetCDF code (if nc_sync() is used a lot internally, for
example)... we need to make sure that any write since the last fsync() triggers
a call to fsync() on the next call to nc_sync().

Alrighty then,

Thomas.

--
Dipl. Phys. Thomas Orgis