Re: [netcdfgroup] Wondering about when NetCDF data hits the disk...

Russ Rew <russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Rob Ross wrote:
>> Also, I stand corrected -- you are right that there don't appear to be
>> any calls to fsync() in netCDF (at least version 3.6.3 that I just
>> looked through). That, obviously, surprises me.
>
> It surprised me too, when I looked for the fsync() call in nc_sync().

Howdy Thomas,

Can I suggest you install zlib, HDF5, and netCDF-4, and try this
experiment with netCDF-4/HDF5 files?

Once you get netCDF-4 installed, change your create mode flag (in
nc_create) to include NC_NETCDF4, and build and run your program.

In netcdf-4 I call H5flush, which promises to flush buffers do disk.

Thanks,

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx