Re: [netcdfgroup] Wondering about when NetCDF data hits the disk...

Am Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:26:15 -0600
schrieb Ed Hartnett <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Well, building shared libraries requires that you build zlib with
> CFLAGS=-fPIC, then build HDF5, then build netCDF with --enable-shared.

Well, that is what I did -- though I relied on the system zlib, which served to
build HDF5 shared libraries that are actually in use. I really suspect some
issue with the NetCDF build not doing shared libs properly. Given that I always
used default static NetCDF libraries before... how well-tested is the build of
sharedl libs there? It can always be some strangeness on our system, of course,
like a broken libtool... but then, I _think_ I built NetCDF in the same shell
environment as HDF5. Perhaps one of the myriads of possible paths for multiple
versions of certain shell tools on Solaris crept through...

Alrighty then,

Thomas.

--
Dipl. Phys. Thomas Orgis