Re: [netcdfgroup] Netcdf4 and HDf5 1.8.4

Roy Mendelssohn <Roy.Mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> HDF just released a new version of HDF5, HDF5 1.8.4.  ANy idea if it
> works with Netcdf4, in particular netcdf4.1 in its beta form?

Yes, it works with netCDF-4.1.

In fact, you must upgrade HDF5 to 1.8.4 for netCDF-4.1.

The HDF5 1.8.4 release has several bug fixes that are important for
netCDF, relating to minor memory leaks and a bug fix regarding nested
user types (ex. compound types that contain vlens).

This is why netCDF snapshot users had to upgrade to HDF5-1.8.3-snap2 or
later releases - because I added tests to test for these bugs in netCDF
and HDF5, and without the upgrade of HDF5, the netCDF tests will fail.

NetCDF has been testing with various HDF5 releases between 1.8.3 and
1.8.4, and we are working closely together, so this release does not
come as a surprise! ;-)

Thanks,

Ed
--