[netcdfgroup] problem compiling netcdf 4.0.1

Hi NetCDF people,

I tried to compile netCDF 4.0.1 with HDF5 1.8.4.
I use the --enable-hdf5-convert (why? I don't know,
this parameter looked nice) and I have a problem
in /libsrc4/nc4hdf.c, line 742. We have:
----
#ifdef HDF5_CONVERT
   if (H5Pset_type_conv_cb(xfer_plistid, except_func,
                           &range_error) < 0)
      BAIL(NC_EHDFERR);
#endif
----
But except_func is not defined anywhere in this file
nor any other file.
So the flag --enable-hdf5-convert does not work.
(I also checked in 4.1pre-something, except_func
is not defined there too.)

I added:
----
static H5T_conv_ret_t except_func(H5T_conv_except_t except_type,
                                  hid_t src_id, hid_t dst_id,
                                  void *src_buf, void *dst_buf,
                                  void *op_data)
{
  printf("Sir, we have a problem...\n");
  return H5T_CONV_ABORT;
}
----
a bit upper in the file to compile netCDF. Everything went
fine then.
(My bet is a better function has to be written. I am
a total noob in there, can't be of much help.)

Ah yes, I also enabled the version 4 support in
the ./configure stage with the --enable-netcdf-4

I looked for this issue in the mailing list archive
but couldn't find any match. Sorry for the noise
in case it is a well known issue, if it is an issue
at all...

Happy hacking.

Take care,
Cédric.