[netcdfgroup] Inquire about cache size and nslots ?

Dear Experts,
I am working with the 4.1 snapshot of 20091102. I have been using the nc_inq_libvers() routine to discover the version of the library that is linked with my program (GrADS). Now I am testing various configure options, specifically "--with-chunk-cache-size=n" and "--with-chunk- cache-nelems=n". Is there any way to discover these cache parameters from within my program -- something like nc_inq_cache()? Proper settings for cacheing and chunking are critical for optimizing performance when working with compressed netcdf files. It would be good if the users could know these settings before setting chunk sizes for creating compressed netcdf files.
--Jennifer

--
Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA