[netcdfgroup] Sun Studio compiler on GNU/Linux

Hi folks...

it's me again with a Sun-compiler-related topic. I want to debug issues I have
with the compiler (flatly makes my OpenMP code crash:-( ) on Solaris by
building my stuff using Sun Studio 12.1 on a GNU/Linux system, just to see if
there is a difference.
Now, NetCDF does not like this combination of compiler / operating system
apparently. The 4.1-beta2 snapshot as well as the 4.0.1 release give me:

"cfortran.h:", line 138: #error: "cfortran.h: Can't find your environment
among: ..."

So there is some hardcoding of compiler / system variants in NetCDF that is
broken by the combination of Sun Studio 12.1 and GNU/Linux I have here. I found
traces on the net that people managed to build NetCDF on such a setup though...
but no definitive info on how they achieved that.
Is there someone on the list who did this already? Perhaps I just miss some env
setup?

Alrighty then,

Thomas.

--