From: netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Marston Sheldon Johnston
Sent: Sun 3/14/2010 5:22 AM
To: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [netcdfgroup] segmentation fault when nc_close

Hi,

I'm using the netcdf C interface and CDI  to read and write very  large netcdf
files.
My script is not very complicated, the netcdf interface gives me greater access
to the data in the netcdf file than CDI but cdi gives me better access to the
time steps in the file.
After accessing the data, I calculate the monthly averages and then write them
to a new netcdf file for each month.
Over 1 year this is done 8 times each month. The program works for the most
part well but when the final month's data is written and I close the newly
created netcdf file, I get a segmentation fault.
The file seems to be closed and the data looks good but I cannot trace the
problem. I placed a simple print statement after the nc_close command and error
handling function but this statement is never reached.

I would like to know if there is anyone who have encountered something similar
and can give some tips as to where to look and what may be the problem. I used
the example given in the example map in the netcdf installation.
I can send the script if anyone is so kind as to assist me with this debugging
:-)

Sincerely,
Marston

-
~ Marston S. Johnston                                   e-mail:
marston@xxxxxxxxxxx  ~
~ Doctoral Student                                      Radio and Space Science
        ~
~ Chalmers Technical University                 http://www.chalmers.se
<http://www.chalmers.se/>               ~
~ Gothenburg                                                    Tel. (46) 31
772 2235                 ~
~ Sweden                                                        Skype ID
marston.johnston       ~