Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF software for analysing NCAR reanalysis atlas

Hi Jakub,

> I am beginner to netCDF and looking for netCDF software to analyse
> NCEP/ NCAR reanalysis data such as
> ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis.dailyavgs/pressure/hgt.2010.nc
> for scientific project of weather forecasting. I am looking for
> software that convert selected data to text - for example hgt data on
> level 850, lat 50 to 52, lon 30 to 33 and any time. nc2text have this
> functionality, but I can use it to retrieve 4-dimentions data. What
> software do you reccomend to do it?

We have recently added an answer to this question to our Frequently
Asked Questions list

  How do I convert netCDF data to ASCII or text?
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#converttotext

referencing various ways to get a text view of netCDF data.  Please let
us know if this still doesn't answer your question.

--Russ