From: Knudsen, Richard [mailto:Richard.Knudsen@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2010 11:58 AM
To: Nelson, Theresa M - DNR
Cc: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] NetCDF ArcGIS time step limit?

Theresa,

Are you using the Multidimensional Data Tool Properties to define your time
steps?

Richard

On Apr 23, 2010, at 12:30 PM, "Nelson, Theresa M - DNR"
<Theresa.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Theresa.Nelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Is anyone aware of a limit on the number of timesteps that a NetCDF file can
have when bringing it into ArcGIS.  The file I have has 365 time steps (daily
data for a year); I can drag and drop it in ArcGIS, but only one time step is
shown and the option to switch to a different date under the NetCDF properties
is not available.  If I modify the file so it only has 200 or less time steps,
then it works fine in ArcGIS.  I've tried this with another file with a much
larger extent (more grid points), and I still find the 200 time step limitation.

Thanks much,

Theresa