[netcdfgroup] CF and other conventions apply to netcdf4 exactly as they apply to netcdf3

Hi,

I am an undergrad student doing some research on netcdf.
A question I couldn't get a definite answer to, from docs and the interwebs,
is: "Do conventions (CF / any) apply to the new netcdf4-model in exactly the
same way they do for the older model, or are there differences to consider?"

with kind regard
Ronny

ps: Please Don't forget to use reply-all, since I am not subscribed to the
list.