[netcdfgroup] Argo files in netCDF to ?

Hello. I'm exploring reading Argo float data for my python course I'm taking
from Penn State University.  I need to create shapefiles for the ESRI ArcGIS
9.3 product.

My script is working for the NOAA NODC provided .txt files.  Using a built in
function from ArcGIS, I can get some of the netCDF files into a shapfile, but I
see errors in values and I cannot always consistently create the vertical
distribution of measurements for temperature and pressure.

Any ideas? I tried using the free tool NOAA NODC gives away that is supposed to
dump the netCDF file to Excel, but it's not working.

Is there a way to dump a netCDF file to an ASCII text file that is fairly easy
to interpret what the values mean? For example will I see a header line that
labels, rows, and columns of data?

Thank you, Marti

Martha (Marti) Snyderwine| The MITRE Corporation | 7515 Colshire Drive | M/S
F500 | McLean, VA | 22102-7508
E-mail: snyderwine@xxxxxxxxx<blocked::mailto:snyderwine@xxxxxxxxx> | Office:
703.983.4474|Cell: 703.677.6786|Fax: 703.983.4440