Re: [netcdfgroup] find filename from ncid

Hi Russ,

  int nc_inq_path(int ncid, size_t *pathlen, char *path);

It's too late to get in 4.1.2-beta1, but we plan to add it as soon as
practical.  In the case of a DAP request for remote data, this function
will return the associated URL instead of a file path.  We also intend
to provide equivalent functions for the other language interfaces we
support.

Thanks for the feedback!

Great, thank you very much.  I look forward using this new
capability. I will have to figure out a backward compatibility
with all our software.

Cheer, H

Hernan G. Arango           Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences
arango@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Rutgers University
off:  (732) 932-6555 x266  71 Dudley Road
FAX:  (732) 932-6520       New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8521, USA

http://marine.rutgers.edu/po/arango
http://marine.rutgers.edu/po/arango/rocco
http://marine.rutgers.edu/roms
http://www.myroms.org