[netcdfgroup] new to list, new to netcdf

Hello,
I am trying to find out if the ability exists to extract an array of indices from a variable along one dimension. For instance, I have variables that are 2 dimensional from the unstructured model, one dimension is the nodal value and the other is time. Lets assume that I have queried an unstructured mesh for specified locations (ie the nodal points within a specific Lat/Lon box), and saved the indices of those locations to an array variable. Does there exist a means of passing that array of non-consecutive indices into nf90_get_var, to extract those values.

I am currently using netcdf3.6.2.
Thanks for any assistance
-Robert

--