Re: [netcdfgroup] nccopy suggestion

Hi,

Philippe Poilbarbe and Antonio S. Cofiño have generously made available
their useful extensions to the nccopy utility that provide compression
and other capabilities not available in the original code.

I'd first like to say "Thanks!" for these useful utilities.  We would
like to add these capabilities in an upcoming release.  We're also
considering the addition of re-chunking functionality similar to what's
provided by the HDF5 h5repack utility, if h5repack (in case h5repack is
not already adequate for this purpose).

One of the intended purposes of nccopy was to serve as an example of a
generic netCDF-4 program, with the ability to read and process any valid
netCDF file.  It's great to see other developers taking advantage of
this, to provide new useful generic utilities.

--Russ