Re: [netcdfgroup] Compiling netCDF in Fortran

On 29/07/2010, at 5:38 PM, Roy Mendelssohn wrote:

> Yes it goes into the options line.
>
> The fink version compiles netcdf with an option set that puts the C libraries
> in libnetcdf and the FORTRAN libraries in libnetcdff  (that is not a typo),
> so you need both.  There are two -L's set, since the libraries live in
> different locations.
>
> The other errors have to do with options on how a compiler stores the names
> of functions in libraries, and what you are compiling with does not use the
> same options as what the libraries were compiled with.
>
> I would suggest changing the g77 to gfortran in the make file.  If you still
> get errors, could you give which version of the Mac OS you have, as well as
> do the following in the terminal and give the results:
>
> which gfortran
>
> gfortran --version
>
> fink --version

Roy,

Thank you for the clarification.  Those details (like netcdf and netcdff) I
would have never known in a million years...

I also had no idea I had gfortran and g77 installed.

Anyway, this set up worked:

==============================
F77         =  gfortran
OBJ         =  most3_x
SRC         =  most3_nc_x.f offtime.f timestep.f swlon.f swlat.f swrun03.f
surf_read.f surf_run.f rgrd1.f rgrd2.f
OPT = -O -I/sw/lib/netcdf-gfortran/include -L/sw/lib -lnetcdf
-L/sw/lib/netcdf-gfortran/lib  -lnetcdff

$(OBJ):  $(SRC)
        $(F77) $(SRC) $(OPT) -o $(OBJ)

IT seems like the code is now running.  I will do a few tests and let you know.

Thanks again,

-jose