Re: [netcdfgroup] questions about netCDf file size.

> you are using netcdf-4 format i think. this has much more complex storage
> objects than what you are used to with netcdf-3 format.
>
> Yes, i'm using netcdf-4 format with the fortran 90 API of netcdf 4.1.1.

Does this explain why my file is 3.1 Mo large instead of 243 kB  ? (thanks
for the help Cedric)

I've tested this code on two computers :
 - linux 64bits with redhat 5.2 with the pgf90 computer
 - linux 32bits with ubuntu lucid and the gfortran 4.4.3

I've got the same result file, so this does not seems linked to the
platform.

Have you got any clue ?

thanks,

PS :