Re: [netcdfgroup] problem with nccopy4.c

Hi Emanuele,

> I'm working in C with netCDF 4 and I'm searching a way of copying the
> dimensions and the global attributes from  a netCDF file to another one.
> I was looking at the example program:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/nccopy4.c
>
> then I compiled the program and I linked the netcdf, hdf5_hl, hdf and z
> libraries as I have usually done,  but I received the following linkage
> error related to the function nc_inq_typeid whose definition and content
>  are not found.

Oops, the function nc_inq_typeid() used by that example was not added
until after version 4.0.1 was released.  If you try building with the
current release (4.1.1) or any subsequent release, that function is
included.

If you're going to use 4.1.1 or later, you could also just use the
ncdump/nccopy.c source for the nccopy utility included with that
release.

--Russ