Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF-beta and 64-bit Snow Leopard build attempt (failed)

  • To: Larry Baker <baker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF-beta and 64-bit Snow Leopard build attempt (failed)
  • From: Ed Hartnett <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:03:01 -0600
Larry Baker <baker@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> The reason I put the -m64 in the CC, CXX, and FC variables is so that
> -
> m64 is supplied to any LD step.  That way the 64-bit libraries are
> used at link time.  This is necessary on some of the platforms I've
> used.  I think of -m64 as fundamentally selecting a different
> compiler; it's not really the same as other compile-time flags.
>
> Larry Baker
> US Geological Survey
> 650-329-5608
> baker@xxxxxxxx

Correct! I should also have added:

LDFLAGS=-m64

If you look at the netCDF build page, you will see a bunch of platforms,
and the environment variables used to build there:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/builds/4_1_1/index.jsp

(You must log in to Unidata's web site to see this page.)

Thanks,

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx