Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF on C++ or Python

Hi,

Thanks Sjur for your solution. It is way beyond my skills to make it work.

Still don't understand why there isn't a helpful document out there for newbies.

This time, I tried to use python, but still there are tons of
uncertainty and questions in my mind. Let me explain what I did first:

1- I have installed python 2.6.6 on windows 7
2- Then  I installed scipy and numpy and they are working properly.
3-  I downloaded netCDF4-0.9.3.win32-py2.6.exe and it was installed at
C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages. (I didn't change it. It was the default
address when I installed it. )

Then to check if it is working in Python I tried the following line:

from Scientific.IO.NetCDF import NetCDFFile as Dataset

Now I am getting this error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
file <pythonshell#35>, line 1 in <module>
 from Scientific.IO.NetCDF import NetCDFFile as Dataset
ImportError: No module named Scientific.IO.NetCDF

It seems that netCDF package is not working . I am wondering if I need
to change any setting or variable somewhere to make it work.
I desperately need help to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Azita