Re: [netcdfgroup] HDF backend can't add metadata?

tom fogal <tfogal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The NetCDF installation on the cluster I'm using lacks the parallel
> functions, so I've built HDF5 and NetCDF in my $HOME.  These seemed to
> go through fine.  The configure lines I used for both are at the end of
> this email [1,2].  I'm using OpenMPI 1.3.3 for MPI.  The stack is built
> with the v11.1 intel compiler.  HDF5 is version 1.8.5-patch1 and NetCDF
> is v4.1.1.
>
> What could be going wrong?

Are you using the latest HDF5 release?

Also, please try upgrading to the netCDF daily snapshot for dramatically
improved parallel I/O performance, and also much improved performance
with large data files, whether accessed in parallel or sequentially.

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

If you can't get it working, create a small C program that demonstrates
the problem and email it to me, and I will see if I can spot your
problem.

Thanks,

Ed

>   ./configure CC=mpicc --prefix=${HOME}/sw --enable-parallel --disable-fortran
> [2] NetCDF configure line:
>   ./configure CC=mpicc --prefix=${HOME}/sw --with-hdf5=${HOME}/sw \
>     --enable-c-only --enable-netcdf4 --disable-dap --enable-shared
> --with-pic

Try without --with-pic and also without --enable-c-only. (For faster
builds you can use --disable-examples --disable-utilities
--disable-fortran --disable-cxx).

Thanks,

Ed

--