[netcdfgroup] FORTAN complex variables in NetCDF

I'm using NetCDF to store data from a spectral fluid model and I would like to
store the variables in wave number space.  Is there a suggested means of
storing FORTRAN complex variables in NetCDF files?  There is no  native complex
external data type in NetCDF and I hoped that someone had  thought about this
problem and would have a more efficient solution than  I can come up with.

Thanks for your time,
--
Mart!n Hoecker-Mart!nez

Ph.D. graduate student, Physical Oceanography
e-mail: mhoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://wart.coas.oregonstate.edu/
phone: 541-737-9831
fax: 541-737-2064
Office: Burt 324

College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University
104 COAS Administration Building
Corvallis, OR 97331-5503