[netcdfgroup] delete a dimension using ncks

Hi All,

I have 4-D variable A (time, lev, lat, lon) in a netcdf file, and I have extracted the data at the first level using "ncks -v A -d lev,1,1 ..." into A2. However, the dimensions for A2 remain as (time, lev, lat, lon) although it is actually a 3-D data right now.

My question is how I can delete the dimension 'lev' from A2 using ncks? (I know 'ncwa -O -a lev ...' would work, but it creates other problems for compiling my code).

Thank you so much.

Fuyu