Re: [netcdfgroup] abi version for netcdf-4.1.2

Andrey Ponomarenko <aponomarenko@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> You are right. It is a false positive too. The only reason for the
> version bump of C library I see for now is the very long list of
> improvements and bug-fixes between 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 in the change-log [1].
>
> [1]
> http://linuxtesting.org/upstream-tracker/changelogs/netcdf/4.1.2/changelog.html

Well, it looks like this is my mistake. I neglected to properly cogitate
on the rules of bumping the shared library version number. I should not
have increased it, mearly because a new function was added. As a result
the new release will not take as much advantage as it might of automatic
linking to a new version of the shared library without recompilation.

As my dear old dad used to say: "indignor quandoque bonus dormitat
Homerus."

I will be sure not to make this mistake in future releases.

Instead I'll make some fresh, new mistakes. ;-)

Thanks,

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx