Re: [netcdfgroup] Build on Windows

chris wen <chriswen11@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi
>
> I would like to build the either version 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 of NetCDF. I
> downloaded the source code and tried to follow the build instruction. But
> I can not find folder /win32/NET.
>
> Do you know how I can make build of NetCDF on Windows?
>
> Thanks!

Howdy Chris!

I've just sent out an update on the DLL status, hopefully this will be
helpful to you.

The separate visual studio build files that used to be included in the
release are no longer provided or maintained. In part this is because of
the many changes to the netCDF build system and architecture. Each
release would require significant changes in the visual studio build
system.

Recent and future changes in the architecture and build system of the
netCDF C/Fortran/C++ libraries are explained in this blog posting:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/developer/en/entry/refactoring_of_the_netcdf_architecture

If you would still like to build netCDF with a visual studio build
system, you may be interested in some of the user-contributed ones,
which can be found here:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/

(Sort by date and you will see the most recent contributions.)

If you intend to maintain your build system for future releases, you may
be interested in starting with the daily snapshot release:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

Thanks,

Ed

--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx