Re: [netcdfgroup] update on windows DLLs for netCDF

chris wen <chriswen11@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi
> Because I operate netcdf file by using SDS(which is a open source in
> CodePlex). SDSnaturally uses NetCDF of version 4.0.1.However. we want SDS
> to use NetCDF of version4.1.2. I tried to use NetCDF 4.1.2 without SDS,
> it works perfect. Thus, I think there is a compatibility issue between SDS
> and NetCDF 4.1.2.
> I suspect the method nc_def_var_chunking is the causation.
> Do you know how much the method nc_def_var_chunking changes between
> version 4.0.1 and 4.1.2
> Best Regards
> Chris

Howdy Chris!

There were some changes in how nc_def_var_chunking worked internally,
but no changes to the API.

Documentation can be found here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_snapshot/netcdf-c.html#nc_005fdef_005fvar_005fchunking

The function parameter:
int nc_def_var_chunking(int ncid, int varid, int storage, size_t *chunksizesp);

This function can be used to set data to contiguous or chunked storage,
and, if chunked, to provide the chunksizes in each dimension. The
chunksizesp array must be the same size as the dimension array for the
variable in question (ex. 3 chunksizes for a 3D variable). Each
chunksize must be equal or less than the size of the corresponding
dimension.

The total size of the chunk (product of chunksizes * size of type) must
be less than 2 GiB.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Ed