Re: [netcdfgroup] netCDF C/Fortran/C++ 4.1.3 release...

Hi Ed:

I am running on a Mac 10.6.7,using the fink compilers.  I must be pretty dumb
today, because while HDF5 1.8.7 compiled and test and installed just fine,  I
can not get past the ./configure stage, no matter what I do.  ./configure keeps
complaining when it does that one test program that it can't find the szip
library, as in:

checking for H5Z_SZIP... yes
checking whether parallel I/O features are to be included... no
checking for library containing SZ_Compress... no
configure: error: Can't find or link to the szlib library. Use
--disable-netcdf-4, or see config.log for errors.

Now all of my builds, hdf5, zlib, szip are in:

/netcdf4new/local

okay here are some things defined in my environment:

LDFLAGS=-L/netcdf4new/local/lib
CPPFLAGS=-I/netcdf4new/local/include
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/netcdf4new/local/lib:/Applications/MATLAB_R2011a.app/bin/maci64:matlabroot/sys/os/maci64::/Applications/ncsa/hdfview/lib/macosx

I have even tried ./configure adding "--with-szlib=/netcdf4new/local/lib"

It all fails at the same point.    Now I don't know what your configure script
is using to look for the szip library, but I don't know where else to tell it
to look.  The hdf5 build and tests had no trouble finding it in the same
location.

Any help appreciated.

-Roy

On Jun 18, 2011, at 9:09 AM, Ed Hartnett wrote:

> Roy Mendelssohn <Roy.Mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> The release notes mention "Upgrade to hdf5 1.8.7. "  The quick build
>> says hdf5 1.8.6.  Do either, neither or some combination work?  What
>> is recommended?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Roy
>>

> Ha! Looks like you just found the first documentation bug of this
> release. ;-)
>
> Use HDF5 1.8.7.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed
> --
> Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst