Re: [netcdfgroup] OPeNDAP support for the Python netcdf4 package on Windows

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 07:33 -0400, "Rich Signell" <rsignell@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Most folks on Windows systems who want to do scientific computing in
> Python will use the Enthought distribution
> (http://www.enthought.com/products/epd.php) or the Python(x,y)
> distribution (http://www.pythonxy.com).
>
> Both include the wonderful NetCDF4-python library
> (http://code.google.com/p/netcdf4-python/), but sadly, neither one has
> the built-in opendap support that is possible with NetCDF4.   (The
> Enthought packages for Linux and Mac *do* have OPeNDAP support in the
> NetCDF4 library, just not on Windows).
>
> I know there are other ways to get opendap support in Python, but it
> seems like this should be relatively easy fix.   In the Python(x,y)
> distribution, I see these .dlls:
> HDF5_HLDLL.DLL
> HDF5DLL.DLL
> NETCDF.DLL
> SZ.DLL
> ZLIB1.DLL
>
> Has anyone solved this problem?

I guess a libcurl dll would be needed.  I have no idea how hard it is to
build libcurl on windows, but I see some binaries at
http://curl.haxx.se/download.html

-Jeff
------
Jeffrey S. Whitaker
Phone: (303)497-6313
FAX: (303)497-6449
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/CDC1
325 Broadway, Boulder, CO, USA 80305-3328
http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/people/jeffrey.s.whitaker