Re: [netcdfgroup] beta2 release of the netcdf-fortran APIs...

Mark Hadfield          "Kei puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tahi tatou"
m.hadfield@xxxxxxxxxx
NIWA

>>> On 2011-08-19 at 07:46, Ed Hartnett <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please let me know if this works for you...

Almost.

Configure works without error (I note that a script called nf-config is
created) and so does make, but at make check I get this error.

libtool: link: gfortran -I../fortran -I../f90 -I../f90 -g -O2 -o tst_f90.exe
tst_f90.o  -L/usr/local/lib ../fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.a
../fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.a(fort-misc.o): In function `nf_strerror_':
/tmp/hadfield/netcdf/netcdf-fortran-4.2-beta2/fortran/fort-misc.c:37: undefined
reference to `_nc_strerror'

All the paths and file names on that line look OK (the C library prefix is
/usr/local), but I don't see a -lnetcdf there, so it doesn't really have a
chance, does it?

Cheers.

NIWA is the trading name of the National Institute of Water & Atmospheric
Research Ltd.