Re: [netcdfgroup] beta2 release of the netcdf-fortran APIs...

"Mark Hadfield" <m.hadfield@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I understand that LIBS is not required with the C library (though you can,
> of course, control which libraries are needed via --enable-<package> and
> --disable-<package>) so this is a "feature" introduced by the Fortran-C
> separation. It's raising the bar a little.
>
> Just saying... :-)
>
> Mark Hadfield          "Kei puwaha te tai nei, Hoea tahi tatou"
> m.hadfield@xxxxxxxxxx
> NIWA

I suppose you are correct in that this makes compiling fortran a little
more complex. But if you install the libraries as static, then you must
provide the list of libraries for any application that uses the C
library, including the fortran library.

So it's how you have to compile everything with then netCDF library, if
you build static libraries only.

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx