Re: [netcdfgroup] beta2 release of the netcdf-fortran APIs...

I suppose you are correct in that this makes compiling fortran a little
more complex. But if you install the libraries as static, then you must
provide the list of libraries for any application that uses the C
library, including the fortran library.

So it's how you have to compile everything with then netCDF library, if
you build static libraries only.

As an fyi, we are seeing this requirement even for dynamic libraries in the newest Fedora releases (and RHEL 6 believe). All libraries must be specified on the link line.

Chris