From: netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netcdfgroup-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ed Hartnett
Sent: 22 September 2011 12:39
To: brick
Cc: netcdfgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] Error "Can't find or link to the hdf5 library" with
--with-hdf5=$PRO_PATH/Hdf5-1.8.7

Howdy all!

The --with-hdf5= parameter to configure is not the correct way to tell
netCDF where the HDF5 library is.

Instead, set environmental variables CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS, like this:

export CPPFLAGS=-I$PRO_PATH/Hdf5-1.8.7/include
export LDFLAGS=-L$PRO_PATH/Hdf5-1.8.7/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PRO_PATH/Hdf5-1.8.7/lib

THen run configure. Don't forget to do a make distclean first.

Good luck.

Ed
--
Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx