Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf-4.2-rc1 release candidate available

On 01/19/2012 03:04 PM, Russ Rew wrote:
Hi Orion,

Is there an ETA on 4.2 final and/or more RCs?  I'd like to get this into
Fedora 17 if it makes sense.

There will be at least one more release candidate, 4.2-rc2, which we're
hoping to make available in med-February.  We're getting pretty close.

We're still interested in problems people encounter with the 4.2-rc1
release:

   https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-rc

Note to OPeNDAP Users: If you are using the netCDF DAP interface and
your URLs contain constraints, then you are especially urged to test out
this release.  It includes major changes to the way that the OPeNDAP
code handles constraints.  External testers are needed to help remove
any remaining bugs in this code.

--Russ

I'd like to get it into Fedora 17 if possible - see the schedule here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/17/Schedule

That would probably mean rc2 by Feb 14 and 4.2 final by April 23rd.  Seem
doable?

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702