Re: [netcdfgroup] 4.2-rc1, ncgen, _Format attribute

Russ, Dennis,

Just to beat this to death ... I'm not sure what backward compatibility aspect is being referred to, since the current and all past versions of ncgen I've used work as expected
(create an output file) when you do

ncgen -o foo.nc bar.cdl

Also if this falls into the 'no flags' syntax-check scenario, wouldn't you print the usage? In this new version
it is silent.

Bottom line is: will this be updated in another 4.2 release candidate?

Thanks,

-jim