Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf to csv

Elizabeth Crisfield Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:48:19 -0500
> I could read the .nc files into R, but as I understand it I would
> have to read in one variable at a time (20 variables) and then
> rebuild them into a dataframe, whereas if I could convert to .csv,
> they would all be read in.

"Rebuilding" into a dataframe is trivial, and reading 20 data
variables (with, e.g., package=ncdf4) is not significantly more
difficult than reading one. (You could do it with a loop, or,
worst-case, cut'n'paste in your editor.)

I suspect you'd be better off just copy/modify-ing the script to input
netCDF.

FWIW, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@xxxxxxxxx>