Re: [netcdfgroup] Function 'nf90_put_var' exits gfortran compilation with error

On 2/22/12 4:49 AM, Ekin Akoglu wrote:
Dear all,

I have a problem with NETCDF FORTRAN API. I can download and run the examples in the http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/ web page without problem. However, in my code, 'nf90_put_var' function gives the following error during compilation:

Error: There is no specific function for the generic 'nf90_put_var'

This is strange. There are other functions compiled before this error like 'nf90_def_dim' and 'nf90_dev_var'. They pass OK through the gfortran compiler but when the compiler hits the line with 'nf90_put_var' function, it gives the error above and halts. I would be glad if you help me on the matter.

Regards,

--
*Ekin Akoglu*

Research Assistant

Institute of Marine Sciences
Middle East Technical University
P.O. Box 28, 33731
Erdemli, Mersin
Turkey
Ekin: In addition to linking the library, you have to point the compiler to the .mod files. For example,

gfortan -I<install path>/include test_prog.f90 -L<install path>/lib -lnetcdf ...

If you installed in /usr/local, <install path> = /usr/local.

-Jeff