[netcdfgroup] Announcing netCDF version 4.2

Hi,

The Unidata netCDF group is pleased to announce the 4.2 release of the
netCDF C libraries:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/release-notes-4.2.html

This release contains performance enhancements, bug fixes, a few new
features in utilities, and internal refactoring.  It is designed to be
compatible with existing netCDF data and software.

Users of Fortran or C++ interfaces please note: with this release the C,
Fortran, and C++ libraries are no longer bundled together.  Fortran and
C++ releases depend on the netCDF C library, and may be built after the
C library is built and installed.  The latest Fortran and C++ libraries
as well as the 4.2 release of the C library are available from the
netCDF Downloads page:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/

Windows users note: Ward Fisher, a new Unidata netCDF developer, has
recently joined our group.  His initial focus will be helping to improve
netCDF support for Windows platforms.  We hope to report success in
making netCDF more useful to Windows users and developers over the next
few months.

Report problems to the support email address:
support-netcdf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!

--Russ
--Dennis