Re: [netcdfgroup] nc-config and @NC_FLIBS@

Am Sun, 25 Mar 2012 12:02:26 +0200
schrieb Thomas Orgis <Thomas.Orgis@xxxxxx>:

> shell$ nc-config --flibs
> -L/some/path/lib @NC_FLIBS@

Oh, I see ... there is nf-config now. I have to adapt my Makefile, then, for
another case. Now it would be rather smart if nc-config would call nf-config
transparently for fortran stuff, eh? Even better: What exactly is the reason
not to provide files for pkg-config instead? Now we have two config scripts for
NetCDF, I guess three with the C++ interface. It gets messy and I wonder what
for.

But, well, putting a hint about nf-config in some docs would also be nice... it
may be obvious, but I was not looking for it; just trying to get NetCDF
re-installed quickly to get working Fortran module again (because of
non-existent binary compatibility even between versions of the same compiler).

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Thomas Orgis, Dipl. Physiker
Alfred-Wegener-Institut für Polar- und Meeresforschung Potsdam