Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf-4.2-rc2 release candidate available

Hi Dennis,
Wondering about the requirement for curl version 7+ for netCDF4.2. On RedHat systems, rhel6 has libcurl.so.4 installed, and that library depends on a number of other libraries, which I imagine would need higher versions than what's on rhel6. Our software that links with netcdf therefore may need a whole cascade of upgraded libraries.

NetCDF4.2 does build and appears to work correctly, with the calls that we make use of, linking with libcurl.so.4 and the associated libraries, and with the libcurl.so.3 that's on on rhel5 systems.

Are there things that will fail if we try to run netCDF 4.2 linked these older versions of libcurl? We understand that there's a capability to read OPeNDAP sequence data in the latest release. Would that be impacted?

Ansley