Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf.h declares non-existing functions

  • To: dhunt@xxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [netcdfgroup] netcdf.h declares non-existing functions
  • From: Dennis Heimbigner <dmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 12:55:23 -0600
Russ and I have discussed one other alternative.
1. we leave NC_NETCDF4 always defined in netcdf.h
2. we add "feature" flags to netcdf.h to indicate
   which features are actually supported  by the
   corresponding library. For example, we might have
   the following flags:
        NC_FEATURE_NETCDF4
        NC_FEATURE_DAP2
   etc.

=Dennis Heimbigner

Doug Hunt wrote:
Hi Heiko: I'm fine with your proposal. This will make the netcdf interface more useful (ability to check HDF presence at compile- and run-times) at the cost of a little bit of extra complexity in PDL-NetCDF.

Could you add the extra logic to check for netcdf versions between 4.1.2 and 4.2 to the (not released to CPAN) PDL-NetCDF-4.16 that I sent you and test it with HDF?

Once you've got that working, send it back and I'll test it in my environment and then release it to CPAN.

How does that sound?

--Doug

dhunt@xxxxxxxx
Software Engineer