Re: [netcdfgroup] easy/quick way to get attribute value from shell?

Tom Roche May 18, 2012 2:25 PM
>> Is there an easy and quick way to *get* the value of an attribute

I guess I should have said, "any attribute, by name"

>> (whether global or variable) from a (bash) shell commandline or
>> script?

Roy Mendelssohn Fri, 18 May 2012 14:32:12 -0700
> Have you looked at ncks in NCO

I have. Correct me if wrong, but the only *attribute* `ncks` allows
one to query directly is "units". One can query *variable* values by
variable name, but not attribute values by attribute name. (One can
`cut`, `grep`, and `sed` output ... but I can do with that `ncdump`.)

Am I missing something?

your assistance is appreciated, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@xxxxxxxxx>