Re: [netcdfgroup] Ingesting netCDF files in AWIPS

Michael,

This question may be more appropriately directed to the AWIPS user
list or support system.  I mention this only because no one else has
spoken up yet.

If you were able to display this grid with any sort of partial
alignment over a map surface, then AWIPS has some special input
capabilities that are different than the geolocation methods that are
commonly discussed on this user list.  Note in particular, the lack of
CF conforming lat and lon coordinate variables as described here:

   http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.6/ch05.html

If AWIPS is capable of generating the correct coordinates using only
the projection parameters in the header, then you just need to debug
the parameters, rather than adding coordinate variables.  That
capability is what you need to look into.  HTH.

--Dave