[netcdfgroup] Release 4.2.1.1 of netCDF C software now available

Hi,

The latest stable release of the netCDF C library and utilities
utilities, version 4.2.1.1, is now available for download from

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/

Version 4.2.1.1 includes bug fixes for two problems with version 4.2.1
that we regarded as serious enough for this interim release:

  - a DAP performance bug in remotely accessing large files (> 2GiB)
    that also results in an incorrect error message on close

  - an ncdump bug in CDL output for netCDF-4 string data containing
    characters that need to be escaped (e.g. newlines, tabs, quotes)

We recommend installing this release.  As an example of the problem it
fixes, with version 4.2.1 the command

  ncdump -v lat
http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_hd/gfs_hd20120801/gfs_hd_00z

took over my desktop machine and had not completed after 10 minutes,
when I was able to interrupt it.  With the fix in 4.2.1.1, it completes
in less than a second.  If you see similar performance problems with DAP
access to large remote files, install this release!

--Russ