[netcdfgroup] [Netcdf] Compressed files write

Dear all,

After reading the mailing archives, it is clear that originally netcdf was
able to be compiled with compressed libraries in order to READ compressed
files.
With the current version of netcdf (4.2.1), compiled with hdf5support and
szip, is it possible to WRITE compressed files? If not, is this planned?
And another possibly silly question, just to know: If I compiled my netcdf
installation with hdf5 support, will all my netcdf files be actually hdf5
files?
Thanks for your kind help.

Best regards / Cordialmente,

William-Fernando Oquendo
Este correo puede carecer de tildes o eñes debido al teclado.