Re: [netcdfgroup] [ncdf4] error converting GEIA data to netCDF

> - Nothing about the error text (IMHO) would lead one to the fix.
>
> (Note also that neither ncvar_put or nc_close appear to require
> assignment, which is probably what made me think I could nc_open
> without assignment.)
>
> Can ncdf4 be made to fail more helpfully? E.g., to fail immediately on
> nc_open without assignment?
>
> thanks again! Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@xxxxxxxxx>

Yeah, it's clear that the failure mode is confusing and unhelpful in the
extreme. I'll see if there exists some way to do a better check for this.

One of the many great things about users: they provide opportunities to add
in more explanatory text for errors you never would have thought of. :)

--Dave

--
David W. Pierce
Division of Climate, Atmospheric Science, and Physical Oceanography