[netcdfgroup] CMake integration with NetCDF

Good morning,

We are happy to announce our initial integration of the CMake build system with the NetCDF-C. libraries. With CMake, we are able to provide support for a wider range of platforms and build systems, including Windows-native builds on systems with Visual Studio installed. This initial integration is
built on Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2010.

The CMake-integrated source code is not yet part of an official release, but it may be
checked out from our public subversion repository:

svn checkout http://svn.unidata.ucar.edu/repos/netcdf/trunk netcdf

CMake 2.8.8+ is required. CMake may be downloaded from http://www.cmake.org. Instructions for building NetCDF-C with CMake are described in the 'COMPILE_CMAKE.txt' file found in
the root NetCDF-C directory, or at

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/CompileCMake.html.

I'm certain this file will evolve over time to answer questions which
come up. I look forward to answering any questions regarding building NetCDF-C with the CMake tools.

Have a great day,

-Ward
Ward Fisher
wfisher@xxxxxxxx